Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nic Harcourt Leaving KCRW Music Director Role

In the L.A. Times today there's word that KCRW Music Director Nic Harcourt is stepping down November 30th. He'll continue to DJ at the L.A. public radio station, doing a 3-hour show on Sundays.

Nic is quoted in a press release on the KCRW blog:

"'As a parent of two young children, I believe it’s time for me to explore new career opportunities and expand upon my other activities in movie, television, voice over work, advertising and the Internet.'


'My heartfelt thanks and gratitude go to KCRW, the staff and volunteers who have supported my work through the years, but most of all to the listeners. I’ve always said that I couldn’t do what I do without them and I hope they will join me on Sunday nights,' said Harcourt.


KCRW’s General Manager Ruth Seymour said 'Nic has enhanced KCRW’s reputation for introducing new artists to listeners in Southern California and beyond on radio and the Internet. His singular gifts as a radio deejay and his ability to spot new talent attracted major media attention from both national and international press.'"


Nic's definitely got a presence outside of the station in the music and entertainment biz. In fact, I just saw a TV promo for him during 90210, for which he's the music supervisor. You can hear Nic talk about the music on 90210 on the CW's website for the show.

No comments: