Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Radio Station Field Trip 78 - KCSB at UC Santa Barbara

Door to Music Director's Office at KCSB. Photo: J. Waits
2015 is starting out with some amazing radio station tours. On Friday, March 6, 2015, I visited KCSB-FM at University of California, Santa Barbara. Although I'd visited the station in the past, I hadn't written a proper field trip report until now.

It was just as well, since my friend Ted Coe gave me the grand tour this time around, showing me every nook and cranny of the 50+ year old station's sprawling digs. Located under the iconic Storke Tower, KCSB has wide-ranging programs, a rigorous training program (with its own mock station KJUC), and active news and sports departments.

And they also have another one of those Leo signs. See my full report on Radio Survivor.


No comments: