Monday, July 7, 2008

WXCU Playlist from XMU "Student Exchange"

Yesterday's "Student Exchange Show" on satellite station XMU featured Capital University's Internet-only radio station WXCU. I'm glad to see they played some vinyl! Something else that I noticed is that this week's show included two tracks in a row by both Happy Chichester and Times New Viking. Is that something that you're allowed to do at your college radio station? I know it's often frowned upon to play two in a row by the same artist, especially with so much unexposed music out there. What do you think?

Up this coming Sunday, July 13th (1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern) on "the Student Exchange Show" is Chico State's station KCSC once again.

Here's yesterday's playlist:

WXCU (Capital University) on XMU "Student Exchange"
7/06/08 Playlist

Jesus and Mary Chain – All Things Must Pass – Heroes Soundtrack
Happy Chichester –Artificial Fanfare (Music In My Head) – Lovers Come Back
Happy Chichester – Me and My Machine – Lovers Come Back
Rogue Wave – Chicago X 12 – Asleep At Heaven’s Gate

The Hold Steady – Sequestered In Memphis – Stay Positive
Wolf Parade – Language City – At Mt Zoomer
M83 – Graveyard Girl – Saturdays = Youth
My Morning Jacket – Touch Me I’m Going To Scream Pt. I – Evil Urges

Scarlett Johanssen – Falling Down – Anywhere I Lay My Head
The Breeders – Walk It Off – Mountain Battles
Sigur Ros – Gobbledigook - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
The Black Keys – Psychotic Girl – Attach and Release
Emma Pollock – Acid Test – Watch The Fireworks
Santogold – I’m A Lady – Santogold

Times New Viking - Drop Out - Rip It Off
Times New Viking – My Head– Rip It Off
Liars- The Other Side of Mt Heart Attack – Liars
Shout Out Louds – The Comeback (Ratatat Remix) – Combines
RTFO Bandwagon – Anyway You Know – New Jack 7"
The Black Swans – Change – Change

Stephen Malkmus and The Jicks – Gardenia – Real Emotional Trash
The Lemonheads – No Backbone – The Lemonheads
Jesse Malin – Aftermath – Glitter in the Gutter
MGMT – Kids – Oracular Spectacular

No comments: