Friday, September 4, 2009

Irish Radio History in Wax

"Radio Museum Experience" in Cork, Ireland

I just got home from a trip to Ireland and enjoyed some radio-related side trips. First on the agenda was a trip to the Radio Museum Experience in Cork. Housed in an old prison, the museum has old artifacts and a re-created studio on display from the early history of Cork radio station 6CK. 6CK began broadcasting in 1927 and was one of the early stations in what would become the national Irish radio network RTE.

To read more about my trip to the museum (and see more creepy pictures of wax figures), see my article on Radio Survivor.

While in Ireland I also got to visit the student radio station at National University of Ireland in Galway, Flirt FM. Next week I'll post a recap of that visit too.

No comments: