Monday, October 27, 2008

Tara Jane O'Neil, No Kids and Mirah at CMJ


Mirah at Highline Ballroom, NYC
October 22, 2008

For my second night of shows at CMJ, I decided to check out a few artists who I'm already a fan of, but had never seen live. On the bill at the Highline Ballroom on Tuesday, October 22 were some of my favorites from the Pacific Northwest: Tara Jane O'Neil and Mirah. The standout moment for me was when Mirah performed an absolutely gorgeous version of "Cold Cold Water," with delicate guitar strumming. Seeing that song sung live reminded of why I'm just chilled by its pop perfection every time I hear it.

Tara Jane O'Neil at Highline Ballroom, NYC
October 22, 2008

Mirah collaborated with artists from both bands during her set, giving the audience a sense of the camaraderie felt among the bands on the bill. I wasn't as rivetted by the male-fronted Vancouver band No Kids, but perhaps I was just in the mood to hear from the ladies.

No comments: